Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Happy Sunday!

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…Wow, can you believe it? There’s only 13 days until Christmas and I got all of my shopping done finally. I shopped online a lot this year instead of braving the crowds.
I made another card last night and finished it up this afternoon. This is one of my favorite Magnolias, Unwrapped Tilda. She was the star in a lot of my cards this year.
I created a gate fold card this time just to mix it up a bit. I used some pretty pattern papers from DSWV’s Christmas paper pad.
Here's the inside of the card. I used my Martha Stewart Snowflake punch around the page. I absolutely love these products. They are so versatile and inspires my creativity.  
This is a closeup of Tilda. I used some gold tissue paper, crumpled it up then glued it to her box for added texture and dimension. And never forget the Stickles. When I think of Christmas I always think of glitter.
Here are the Copics I used to color Tilda. When I first started to match the reds in the pattern paper, low and behold none of the reds matched. Then I realized it's more brown than red so her dress was colored with the E0 series.

I'm submitting this card for the following Challenges.

Supplies
Stamps: Unwrapped Tilda, Magnolia; Sentiment, Hero Arts
Pattern Paper: A Christmas Combo, DCWV
Cardstock: Brown, Bazzill; Cream, HOTP
Punches/Die Cuts/Tools: Snowflake Punch around the Page, Martha Stewart; Circle cutter, Fiskars; Tim Holtz distressing tool, Ranger Ind.
Embellishments: Poinsettias, Wild Orchid Crafts; Ribbon, American Crafts; Candy Cane Stickles, Ranger Ind.; Red Pearls, Recollections; Gold Tissue Paper, Hallmark

I hope you enjoyed my card...Thanks for stopping by.

Hugz,





6 comments:

Chrissy said...

Goegeous card. Your coloring is beautiful and your choice of papers...spot on.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Pysselbus said...

Ohhh, this is such a gorgeous card!! And such a sweet Tilda! I've used the exact same image for this MDUC but I haven't gotten around to posting it yet... *lol*

Have a great day!

Hugs

Linda

Kylie said...

Oh wow KathY! I love all of the amazing detail on your card, right down to the paper in the pressie! Fantastic work. Gorgeous layout!
Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
Hugs
Kylie

Stampin'Piper said...

Wonderful card, this Tilda is one of my favorites and you made her looking so good ;)

Thanks so much for joining us at MDUC this week!

Hugs Tanja

Kruemel said...

Georgeous coloring and I love that crinkled paper you put in the box - looks like there´s a real gift in it!


Thanks for joining us at MDUC this week!

Hugs
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Jane said...

WOW! gorgeous card! fabulous colouring and I love the inside! thanks for joining us at MDUC, hugs, Jane xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...